|Writing Commons represents an independent effort from Moxley's work as a professor of English at the University of South Florida. (USF relinquished rights to Writing Commons on 8/08.)|
Joseph M. Moxley, the Founder of Writing Commons, has published 17 books and numerous articles in the discipline of Writing Studies. Moxley has received over $1.5M in funding from NSF (National and FIPSE (Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education). He also
- founded My Reviewers, a software application used at USF between 2008 and 2018.
- founded The Journal of Writing Analytics.
- Computers and Composition Distinguished Book Award for College Writing Online (2004)
- Teaching and Learning Innovator Award from Campus Technology for developing My Reviewers, a software application
- Microsoft Scholar Gift Award, 2000 ($100,000)
- Writing Program Certificate of Excellence Award, a national award from College Composition and Communication
- USF Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award (1990, 1993, 1996)