Look at the following lines and determine how you might revise them so that they remove the pronoun “you” or define the pronoun “we”:
- You can understand what it’s like to have a stack of papers to grade and only two days to do it.
- We now know that cigarettes can cause various types of cancer.
- I would like you to understand that not all students are lazy.
- We believe that gay marriage is not immoral or harmful to the American family; as such, we argue that it should be legalized.
- Doughnuts are really harmful to our health, so we should stop ingesting them.
- If you would only give reading a try, you might actually enjoy it.
- Subliminal messages enter our psyches on a daily basis.
- As a feminist, I believe that women should receive pay that is equal to that of their male coworkers.