Transcript available here.
Part 1: Tiny Encounters
As I walked the 2015 meeting of the Conference on College Composition and Communication, I stuck a mic in people’s faces and asked them a simple question: what do you care about that you wish other people knew about?
You’ll hear lots of answers in the episode from these people, in this order:
- Heather Branstetter, Virginia Military Institute, @findheatherlee
- Rachel Gramer, University of Louisville, @rachelgramer
- Megan Faver Hartline, University of Louisville, @meganhartline
- Steven Hopkins, Arizona State University, @seemylittleknee
- Matthew Osorn, Clemson University, @hellojuice_
- Caitlin Ray, University of Nebraska at Omaha, @ray_raycaitlin
- Steven Hammer, St. Joseph’s University, @patchbaydoor
- Greg Wilson, Texas Tech University, @baconred
- A.D. Carson, Clemson University, @aydeethegreat, aydeethegreat.com
- Amanda Licastro, CUNY Grad Center, @amandalicastro, The Writing Studies Tree
- Janice Walker, Georgia Southern University, @janicewalker, The LILAC Group
- Scott Reed, Georgia Gwinnett College, @rhetoroxor, C’s the Day on Facebook
- Kate Pantelides, Eastern Michigan University, @klpanteli
- Megan McIntyre, Dartmouth College, @rcmeg
Part 2: Say Something Silly Now, Please
I guess I did ask one other question: “What else could the letters CCCC stand for?”
You may or may not be surprised at the number of times cats were mentioned.
So there’s that.
The theme music at the beginning of the episode is by Cactus May, graduate student in rhetoric and composition.
You also heard two pieces from OverClocked ReMix (both water-related, natch): halc, “Another Seascape,” and Disco Dan, “Bubble Man (Wants to Get) Funked Up.” Both are free and part of a massive collection of videogame music remixes.