Joseph M. Moxley is the Founder of
- Writing Commons
- My Reviewers, a software application
- The Journal of Writing Analytics, a journal published by the Colorado State University Press
Moxley is professor of English at the University of South Florida. He directed the writing program at USF between 2003 and 2018. In 2012 the Conference on College Composition and Communication Writing Program awarded the Writing Program the Certificate of Excellence Award.
Moxley is author of 17 books and numerous articles on assessment, writing pedagogy, peer production and participatory learning, open education, scholarly publishing, electronic theses and dissertations, research methods, learning communities, ethnography, datagogies, response to writing, and tools for writers.
Moxley has received over $1.5M in funding from NSF (National and FIPSE (Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education).
- College Writing Online received the 2004 Computers and Composition Distinguished Book Award.
- My Reviewers received the 2016 Teaching and Learning Innovator Award from Campus Technology for founding My Reviewers.
- Microsoft Scholar Gift Award, 2000. ($100,000).
- USF Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Awards, 1990, 1993, 1996.
- Publish, Don’t Perish was translated in Chinese.
- The Guide for Electronic Theses and Dissertations was translated in Greek, Spanish, French.