Use animations to illustrate processes, to entertain, and to engage readers' attention.
An animation can be as simple as a GIF file that blinks on and off and as complicated as online screen movie. Many of the clever animations you see online today are for amusement or artistic purposes. In time, more prosaic uses may be employed--as people become more comfortable with the software needed to created an animated images.
- Big Bunny. This is a playful site for kids or anyone who wants to be cheered up.
- Animated Eye. Move the mouse around to see the eye move.
- Modern Living. Various animations designed to poke fun at modern living.
- Exploratorium. Various animations requiring Macromedia Flash or Shockwave plug-ins.
- Map of the Human Heart augments its explanation of how the heart functions with an animation.
- Zen: The Seat of Enlightenment. Zen meditation instructions.