Maureen Seaton is the author of six poetry collections, including Cave of the Yellow Volkswagen and Furious Cooking. She is the recipient of the Lambda Award, the Audre Lorde Award, the Iowa Prize for Poetry, an NEA fellowship, and the Pushcart Prize. She is associate professor of English at the University of Miami, where she teaches poetry and literary collage.
How to Use Writing Commons
Welcome to Writing Commons, the open-education home for writers. Writing Commons helps students improve their writing, critical thinking, and information literacy. Founded in 2008 by Joseph M. Moxley, Writing Commons is a viable alternative to expensive writing textbooks. Faculty may assign Writing Commons for their composition, business, STEM/Technical Writing, and creative writing courses.
Writing Commons houses eleven main sections: The Writing Process | Style | Academic Writing | Rhetoric | Information Literacy | Evidence and Documentation | Research Methods and Methodologies | New Media Communication | Professional and Technical Communication | Creative Writing | Reviews
The two best ways to navigate through Writing Commons are using the top menu navigation, called Chapters, or the left-hand navigation menu system.Read more ...
Most Popular Webtexts
- Inserting or Altering Words in a Direct Quotation
- Formatting the Abstract Page (APA)
- Formatting Headings and Subheadings (APA)
- Using First Person in an Academic Essay: When is It Okay?
- Abstract Template (APA)
- Formatting the Works Cited Page (MLA)
- Using Footnotes (APA)
- Omitting Words from a Direct Quotation
- How to Write an Engaging Introduction
- Literary Criticism
- Use Third-Person Point of View
- Formatting the Title Page (APA)