Information Literacy Perspectives & Practices are
- critical points of view, theoretical lenses, that shape one’s perceptions about consuming and producing information.
- core competencies associated with identifying, finding, evaluating, applying, and acknowledging information.
Key Words: Information; Critical Literacy
The ACRL (Association of College and Research Libraries) has identified six perspectives, which it calls Frameworks:
- Authority is Constructed & Contextual
- Information Creation as a Process
- Information Has Value
- Research as Inquiry
- Scholarship as a Conversation
- Searching as Strategic Exploration
- Investigate the Source
- Find trusted coverage
- Trace claims, quotes, and media back to the original context