Effective May 9, 2020.
Welcome to Writing Commons! (a.k.a. “Writing Commons LLC” or “we” or “us” or the “Company”). We are passionate about helping people realize their potential as writers, collaborators, researchers, and knowledge workers. We hope you love Writing Commons and that it helps you with your writing.
We invite to contribute to our project.
The Terms of Service (“Terms”) described below are our commitments to you, and your rights and responsibilities when using our services. Please read them carefully and reach out to us if you have any questions.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to use (read online or print) Writing Commons for educational, training, and personal purposes. When you print instructional materials, copyright notice and the URL for the document must appear on every page you print.
You are free to link to articles at Writing Commons without notifying us or asking permission. You are not permitted to mirror or transfer content from Writing Commons to another website nor are you free to attach Writing Common content to materials you are selling.
This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Writing Commons’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
- impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company or a Company employee, another user, or another person or entity (including, without limitation, the use of e-mail addresses or screen names associated with or confusingly similar to any of the foregoing).
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Writing Commons at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Your use of Writing Commons is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not provide technical support nor do we warrant that the site meets your unique needs as a writer or educator nor that the site is error free.
The materials on Writing Common are provided “as is”. Writing Commons makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Writing Commons does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- If you access Writing Commons from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- You expressly understand and agree that Writing Commons shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Writing Common has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
In no event shall Writing Common or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Writing Commons’ Internet site, even if Writing Commons or a Writing Commons authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Writing Commons’ web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Writing Commons does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Writing Commons may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Writing Commons does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Writing Commons has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Writing Commons of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Writing Commons‘ web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Joseph M. Moxley, Founder
Writing Commons LLC