Progress Reports are Texts.
- to keep their audience (e.g., manager, clients, colleagues) apprised of their team’s completed work
- to identify a plan of work for remaining tasks
- to outline any challenges they’re facing.
Knowledge Workers are asked to give Progress Reports for a variety of rhetorical situations.
- Investigators on funded research projects and grants need to report to the the agency or foundation that funds their work.
- Businesses need to report back to their shareholders and stakeholders.