Professional Writing refers to
- the texts people author when attempting to communicate with others in workplace and public settings
- a style of writing used by humans and bots in workplace settings and public settings
- a course of study.
Professional Writing may also be known as Workplace Writing.
What is Professional Writing?
Coursework on Professional Writing
Professional Writing is also a subject of study. Throughout the U.S., students in colleges and universities take courses on professional writing. These courses are designed to introduce students to
- the conventions — the style of writing — used by subject matter experts use t across the disciplines
- the genres used by subject matter experts in the disciplines and professions.
Common Undergraduate Courses
During their general education coursework, students may select from a variety of courses that introduce them to workplace writing genres, including
- Business Writing
- Engineering Writing
- Technical Writing
- Writing across the Curriculum
- Writing in the Health Sciences
Professional Writing Genres
Common genres of professional writing include