Joseph M. Moxley is
- founder of Writing Commons
- a professor of English at USF (Tampa)
- founder of My Reviewers, a software application designed to facilitate document review, revision, collaboration, and writing program assessment.
- Moxley secured over $3.4M in revenues and federal funding to develop that project, including awards from NSF (NSF SBIR, ICORPs, Prime).
- Vieregge, Q., Stedman, K., Mitchell, T., & Moxley, J. (2012). Agency in the Age of Peer Production. Urbana, IL: National Council of Teachers of English.
- Fox. E., Moxley, J., Feizabadi, S., & Weisser, C. (2004). Electronic Theses and Dissertations. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
- Moxley, J. & Fox, E. (Eds.) (2001). The Guide for Electronic Theses and Dissertations. UNESCO.
- Moxley, J. (2003). College Writing Online. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
- Moxley, J. (2000). Web of Danger. Prescott, AZ: Saint Gaudens Press.
- Kirklighter, C. Vincent, C., & Moxley, J. (Eds.). (1997). Voices & Visions: Refiguring Ethnography in Composition. London: Heinemann.
- Moxley, J., & Taylor, T. (Eds.). (1997). Writing and Publishing for Academic Authors. 2nd ed. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Moxley, J. & Lenker, L.T. (Eds.). (1995). The Politics and Processes of Scholarship. Westport, CT: Greenwood.
- Moxley, J. (Ed.). (1994). Writing and Publishing for Academic Authors. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Moxley, J. (1994). Becoming an Academic Writer: A Modern Rhetoric. Lexington, MA: D.C. Heath.
- Moxley, J. and Gale, F. (1993). Teaching Legal Writing: A Modern Rhetorical Approach. Chicago: American Bar Association.
- Gale, F. & Moxley, J. (1992). How to Write the Winning Brief. Chicago: American Bar Association.
- Moxley, J. Publish, Don’t Perish: The Scholar’s Guide to Academic Writing & Publishing. Westport, CT: Greenwood, 1992. Print. Moxley, J. (1992).
- Moxley, J. (Ed.). (1989). Creative Writing in America: Theory and Pedagogy. Urbana, IL: National Council of Teachers of English.
- The Guide for Electronic Theses and Dissertations was translated in Greek, Spanish, French
- Publish, Don’t Perish was translated by Greenwood in Chinese: Translated in Chinese in 2014: 成功發表論文，讓您獨占鰲頭 著 ...華樂絲語文顧
Moxley has been awarded over $1.5M in funding from NSF (National Science Foundation) and FIPSE (Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education).
- Ph.D., SUNY Buffalo, Measurement and Evaluation with a concentration in Writing Studies
- MA, SUNY Buffalo, Creative Writing
- BA, University of Utah, English
- BA, University of Utah, Psychology
- Distinguished Book Award for College Writing Online. Computers and Composition. 2004
- Teaching and Learning Innovator Award for My Reviewers. Campus Technology. 2016
- Microsoft Scholar Award ($100,000). Microsoft Corporation. 2000
- Writing Program Certificate of Excellence Award. College Composition and Communication & NCTE, 2011/2012
- USF Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award, 1996
- USF Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award, 1993
- USF Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award, 1990
|*Writing Commons is an independent effort from Professor Moxley's work at the University of South Florida (USF). USF has approved this project as an independent, outside activity. However,Writing Commons is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by USF.|